If you are an EU Individual, please refer to sections 15, 16 and 17, which deals with matters specific to EU Individuals.
- clearly communicate the personal information handling practices of Rapid Rise;
- enhance the transparency of Bondi Sand information collection processes; and
- to give individuals a better understanding of the sort of personal information that Rapid Rise holds, and the way Rapid Rise uses or discloses that information.
4. Personal Information
“information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- a)whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- b)whether the information or opinion is recorded in material form or not.”
Personal information may include your name, date of birth, gender, address (including previous addresses), information about you (including medical information), contact telephone number(s), e-mail addresses, bank account and credit card details, interests in and use of various products and/or other information that is necessary for the delivery of our Services to you.
5. Collection of personal information
In the course of regular business activity and in order to use the website and/or our Services, Rapid Rise will from time to time collect, require and otherwise deal with your personal information.
If you do not want any of your personal information collected, you can stop using the website and/or our Services at any time (subject to applicable contracts), however we may not be able to provide our Services to you.
Rapid Rise collects personal information from individuals in numerous ways, including for example when an individual:
- visits or uses the website or social media channels;
- contracts or corresponds with Rapid Rise in person or via telephone, email, mail or directly through our website;
- makes a purchase(s) from Rapid Rise or enquires about our products with us;
- makes payment of an invoice;
- provides us with personal information, including for example allowing information on social media to be shared with us;
- signs up for a promotion or competition;
- subscribes to receive marking from us (e.g. a newsletter);
- registers an account or loyalty program;
- participates in our “refer a friend campaign;
- votes in polls or otherwise expresses an opinion on our website or social media channels; or
- subscribes to participate in one of our online forums or communities.
We may also collect personal information about you from third parties or where Rapid Rise is required to do so by law.
Rapid Rise does not generally take steps to:
- verify personal information about any individual disclosed to it; or
- seek additional personal information about any individual on the basis of information disclosed to it,
except in circumstances where it is reasonably necessary for us to do so or as may be required by law.
You may control, refuse and/or delete cookies by using the appropriate setting on your browser as you wish, however, if you do so you may not be able to access portions of our website.
7. Use of Personal Information
Rapid Rise may use your personal information for purposes, including the following:
- to verify your personal information, authenticate payments and/or process orders;
- to provide you with our products and/or Services;
- to arrange for delivery of products purchased by you;
- to process exchange or returns of products;
- to monitor or improve the quality and standard of service provided to you by Rapid Rise;
- to notify you of Rapid Rise products, special offers and events that may be of interest to you;
- to provide customer support and respond to your requests, feedback or complaints;
- to send promotional, marketing or other information about our products, Services and/or events, unless you instruct us not to;
- to enable you to participate in customer loyalty schemes and manage memberships;
- to process any inquiries you have about Rapid Rise or our products;
- to provide information to our third party agents to take actions of make enquiries in relation to our products and/or Services;
- to protect you and Rapid Rise against fraudulent transactions; or
- to develop products.
If you do not provide any information requested, Rapid Rise may not be able to either provide you with information about Rapid Rise products or to fulfil one or more other purposes of collection of your personal information.
8. Direct marketing communications
We may contact you using the contact details, which you provide to us in order to provide you with direct marketing communications about our Services in accordance with the law.
You may opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from us at any time by contacting us using the details set out below or by functionality within such communications.
Rapid Rise may disclose personal information it holds to:
- our directors, officers, employees and other associated companies or related entities or organisations;
- our contracted service providers;
- credit card providers, credit reporting and fraud checking agencies;
- government, regulatory and law enforcement agencies where the disclosure is required or authorised by law;
- our professional advisors, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- third party sponsors or co-sponsors of promotions on our website. Only information collected during a promotion will be disclosed to these parties; or
- third parties when we contract out some of our functions and activities, such as delivery of products. In these circumstances, we prohibit third parties from using your personal information, except for the specific purpose for which we supply it.
Where applicable, we may handle or disclose personal information relying on applicable exemptions under the Privacy Act, including but not limited to, the related bodies corporate exemption and the employee exemption.
10. Overseas Disclosure
We may disclose personal information to overseas recipients, including in Europe, North America and the United Kingdom, in order to provide Services.
Generally, we will only disclose your personal information to these overseas recipients in connection with our products and Services such as facilitation or fulfilment of your purchase and/or to enable the performance of administrative and technical services by them on our behalf.
11. Correction of Personal Information
In the event that Rapid Rise holds personal information and you believe that any of the information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, please make a request to our Customer Experience Manager (see ‘Contacting Us’ below).
You should provide Rapid Rise with any updates and changes to your information, including any changes to your postal or e-mail address to ensure that your orders are shipped to the correct address and that we can contact you about your order if necessary.
12. Access to Personal Information
If you would like access to your personal information, please contact our privacy officer directly via the contact details found below under “Contacting Us”.
13. Storage and Security
Rapid Rise has implemented security measures to protect the personal information you provide to us and will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure.
We may store personal information physically and/or electronically.
14. Links – external websites
15. GDPR compliance
If you are a resident of the European Union (or following UK’s withdrawal from the European Union (also known as Brexit), you are a resident of the UK and the UK has laws equivalent to the GDPR in effect) you have certain rights and protections under the GDPR (or the UK equivalent) regarding the processing of your personal data. This section sets out the additional information that we are required to provide to you under the GDPR. Please note that references to the GDPR also includes references to any UK equivalent.
Where the GDPR applies, the meaning of “personal information” has the same meaning as “personal data” and the meaning of “sensitive information” will apply as information concerning the processing of special categories of personal information (“sensitive data”) under the GDPR.
For the purposes of the GDPR we will either be the “data processor” or “data controller” for any personal information you provide to us in connection with our relationship. The precise role we will be assuming is dependent on the context of our relationship with you and the purpose of the processing being undertaken.
Under the GDPR, use of personal information must be based on a legal basis and we are required to provide you with information about this use. We rely on lawful means of processing your personal data, including the following:
- where it is necessary to fulfil a contract with you. This includes where we collect your personal data to enable us to send you our products or provide you with our products;
- where you have given us valid consent to use your personal data. We will rely on that consent and only use the personal data for the specific purpose for which you have given consent;
- where it is to further our legitimate interests which could include usage statistics, analytics and internal analysis so we can improve our services to you.
We note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. If you need details about the specific legal ground Rapid Rise is relying on to process your personal data, please contact Rapid Rise.
16. Your rights as a European Union or UK resident
Under certain circumstances or if you are a resident of the European Union or UK, you have various rights under the GDPR in relation to your personal information, including the:
- right to be informed;
- right of access;
- right to rectification;
- right to object/ withdraw consent;
- right to restriction of processing;
- right to erasure or to be forgotten;
- right to data portability; and
- right not to be subject to automated processing.
To exercise any of these rights please contact our Customer Experience Manager via the contact details set out below under “Contacting Us”.
17. Withdrawing your consent
You can withdraw your consent to our collection or processing of your personal data. You can do so by contacting us or by opting out of email newsletter communications by following the instructions in those emails or by clicking unsubscribe. If you withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data, you may not have access to our Services and we might not be able to provide you with our Services or products. In some circumstances, where we have a legal basis to do so, we may continue to process your information after you have withdrawn consent. For example, if it is necessary to comply with an independent legal obligation or if it is necessary to do so to protect our legitimate interest in keeping our services secure.
19. Contacting Us
All correspondence should be directed to:
If you decide to contact us for any of the reasons above, we request that you provide us with sufficient details regarding your reason for getting in touch with us.
We note that if necessary, we will ask you to provide us with a copy of your ID, passport or other valid identity document.
We will investigate and consider any complaint received by us and a response will be provided to the complainant as soon as practicable.
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we handle your inquiry or complaint in regard to your personal information, if applicable, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (“OAIC”). Contact details for the OAIC can be found at www.oaic.gov.au.
Last Updated: September 16th, 2021